Make more efficient use of your clinical resources, increasing capacity and reducing patient waiting times.
Urgent Care providers use the DemDx platform to safely give nurses and AHP’s (paramedics, physician associates, pharmacists, physiotherapists, optometrists etc.) more clinical responsibility, enabling them to autonomously see, investigate, diagnose, treat and discharge patients with a broader range of conditions. This allows better workforce diversification, frees up GP/doctor resource and improves the efficiency of the service.
- Free up GP/doctor capacity in urgent treatment centres and A&E units Nurses, paramedics, physician associates, and pharmacists can confidently assess and treat more illness patients.
- Ambulance crews convey less patients to hospital Paramedics can confidently avoid the need for more patients to go to hospital, increasing the availability of ambulances and reducing hospital admissions.
- Reduce hospital admissions in out of hours and rapid response home visiting services Nurses and AHPs are able to make better decisions (and without recourse to doctors) keeping more patients at home.
- Increases support for frontline urgent care clinicians Using DemDx, an evidence based tool, when making diagnostic and clinical management decisions improves clinician self-confidence, staff development and staff satisfaction. Leads to increased staff retention and motivation.
- Improves patient waiting time Reduces the need for senior medical reviews and nurse and AHP consultation times, improving patient flow and reducing waiting times.
- Reduces operational costs Optimising the use of nurses and AHPs reduces staff costs and adds efficiencies by improving patient flows across urgent and emergency care.